Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why I Want to be Like Yvonne

Tuesday was a beautiful day in Pennsylvania. We slept in, then had breakfast on the patio and talked, it was wonderful. Kim and Yvonne’s home is one that you walk into and relax, they are welcoming and make you feel at home. It was so nice to have a place to rest as we adjusted to leaving Paris and returning to our homes and jobs. I would like to have a home like that where people can rest and enjoy good food and fellowship and laughter. We got to take real showers and have a tour of the garden, which is big.
We picked up some good tips, like freezing pesto when you have a lot of basil. Mmm, I love basil. Brenna had told us about Wawa, which is a glorified convenience store that is popular back there. So, of course, we had to make a Wawa run. Jaime and I got snacks for our plane ride back to good ol’ CA. Then we returned to the house for a good lunch before heading back to the Philadelphia airport. Brenna dropped us off and we got checked in and boarding the flight. The in-movie was Chocolat, which Jaime and I thought was appropriate. The flight was good, except that because Jaime had a cold she almost had her head explode as we landed. Janna picked us up and we had a good night sleep at her house.

No comments: