Tuesday, October 28, 2008
An Eventful Wedding
I had the honor of attending Sheila's wedding on Sunday. It was at Wonder Valley Ranch,
a little valley in the midst of the foothills by Sanger. It was a beautiful day. Bethany Lowe was there too; she, Sheila, and I were on the kitchen team at Calvin Crest the summer of '05. We had a good time talking about the memories we have. The ceremony and reception were nice, Sheila was beautiful, the bridesmaids' dresses were pretty, the decorations and cake looked great. Then came the bouquet toss. There was tulle draped on the ceiling and when Sheila was getting ready to toss the bouquet, I knew it was going to get caught in that and fall short of all of us, so I got ready to run for it. Sure enough, the bouquet hit the tulle and fell about half way between Sheila and all of us single girls. Well, I wanted to catch it, so I ran forward and scooped it up, stunned that I had triumphed, then realized no one else had moved. So, there wasn't much competition, but I caught the bouquet and I was so excited, I still am excited. I think it was a little anticlimactic for everyone else though, bouquet tosses often are. It is hard to get a good toss right into the center of the girls where someone might actually catch it, instead of picking it up. Congratulations to Sheila and Josh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, great job, Sarah! I've always wanted to catch the bouquet!
Congrats on catching the bouquet! It was definitely funny when I looked back, saw you triumphing and all the other girls kinda just standing there with looks on their faces like, "what on earth just happened" haha. Can you email the pics you took to my email? I'd love to have a copy of them! So happy you could be there and though a more formal 'thank you' will be coming soon, I (and especially my pizza obsessed husband) were very excited about the gift from you and Michelle! :)
-love, Sheila Hammer
Post a Comment