Last Tuesday we received the news that a dear family friend, Ken Ghent, had passed away. Dad, Mom, Michelle, and I left that night to drive 25 1/2 hours to Texas to be with the family and attend the memorial service on Thursday evening.
Our time with the Ghents was a blessing as we got to look at pictures, share stories, and rejoice in the life a man who lived well; he will be missed. But I was impressed with the peace that filled their home; there was certainly sadness, but we know he is in a better place now.
We enjoyed the time spent with Vickie, Brenna, and Garrett Ghent, they are delightful people to know.
Brenna, Michelle, and I walked to a nearby park Friday morning while it was still cool.
We also made a trip to Joanns that day for some fabric for a quilt Brenna wants to make. Friday was Dad and Mom's anniversary, so we had ribs for dinner. Brenna, Michelle, and I were sleeping in the den and Friday we stayed up late watching movies in true slumber party style. Saturday Garrett suggested we go to the Dog Pound for lunch because they have great hot dogs and it was a favorite of Ken's.
That was fun, the owner was friendly and the food was good. Garrett, Michelle, and I got Chicago style dogs, which are their specialty.
After lunch we had to say goodbye to the Ghents and begin our long drive back home. We made it back safely, arriving Sunday afternoon.
The group: Michelle, Brenna, Dad, Vickie, me, Garrett, Art (Ken's brother), Jeff (Vickie's brother), Mom.
The group: Michelle, Brenna, Dad, Vickie, me, Garrett, Art (Ken's brother), Jeff (Vickie's brother), Mom.
1 comment:
I definately felt that peace too.
Post a Comment