Saturday, August 1, 2009

Visit with Sheila

I got to take a trip down to southern California with Heather and the kids on Thursday. They were going to visit with some Camarillo friends, but dropped me off on the way so I could visit with Sheila, who was the baker in the kitchen my first summer at Calvin Crest. We met in Camarillo and went to Bandits for lunch where I had a delicious tri tip sandwich with caramelized onions and grilled peppers. Then we went to the Coffee Bean to chat and I got Swedish Berries iced tea which was delicious. We looked at my photo album from the summer we were both on staff and enjoyed being reminded of many good times. Then we headed out to Point Mugu to have dinner with her dad. He lives on the naval base and is right by the beach, so we went down there for awhile before dinner to enjoy the sand and waves. We put our feet in the ocean and watched the waves. We saw a number of dolphins, seals, and pelicans and I tried to get some pictures of them jumping and playing, but it was hard and I didn't get anything great. Sheila's dad made pork chops and mashed potatoes for dinner and we brought salad so we enjoyed a nice meal together with strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberries for dessert. Afterwards, we drove back to Sheila's apartment and looked at my London photo album. Her husband, Josh, decided to spend the night at his grandma's house because he had a final the next day and didn't want to keep us up or be distracted by us. The next morning we had french toast for breakfast and watched the video from Calvin Crest summer '05. Then we went to Target and Sheila baked a cake for Josh's birthday. We had a mini photo shoot in the apartment. Heather was planning to pick me up around 2pm so we went outside to meet her, but they hit a lot of traffic so it was almost 2:45 before they came. The drive home was long and the kids were awake almost the whole time, but we made it. Isaac had pizza going for dinner and Mom brought strawberries, so we ate together before Mom and I came home. All in all, it was a good trip and so fun to get to visit with Sheila again because I hadn't seen her for a long time.

2 comments: