
Jonah, Michelle, and I did something bad today, we cut down Christmas trees before Thanksgiving. Terrible, I know. But we had the day off school and there wasn't going to be another time that we would work out as well, so what can you do? We made a trip to Calvin Crest for our trees (they gave us permission to cut them) and it was a great trip. We arrived early afternoon and got to visit with our friends Joel and Kirsten and their baby, Nathan. We decided to go on a walk and passed through the Crestview campfire area. I was the happy camper and Jonah the cool kid. It was a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed the fresh air and trees. Most of the fall leaves had already fallen, but some trees still had their leaves and looked great.

Then we hiked the Shadow of the Giants trail.

We were sad to have missed the Dogwood trees with their fall leaves, but it was still a good hike.

Jonah and Michelle in front of one of the Giant Sequoias.

Next, we headed to Sherwood and found the perfect tree. Michelle and Jonah got this big one plus a little one and I got a mini one.

Fitting the tree in the car was a challenge, but once we got it in, it fit pretty well.

The car sure smelled good while we drove back to Visalia.
1 comment:
just between us, I think you all did a good thing :)
Post a Comment