Saturday, June 12, 2010
Today at Work
I opened for the first time today since I started working at Wildflower
last fall. That meant being to work at 6:00am, particularly bothersome after closing last night at 9:15pm. However, it wasn't bad overall, due in large part to the season. Getting up early and going to work reminded me of summer at camp because our AM shift started at 6:00 too. Besides, getting up early in the summer is easier than the winter because at least it is light outside, waking up in the dark is disorienting. And speaking of disorienting, it was a weird day at work because we were super slow, we never had a breakfast rush or lunch rush, not even a coffee and muffin rush. We did have some people come in, but not many. So we tried to keep ourselves occupied by doing extra baking and cleaning. At the suggestion of a customer, I frosted these sugar cookies like pirate ships and love how they turned out. I also made butterscotch swirl brownies
and Sierra and I frosted this camouflage cake that was a special order for a veterans appreciation dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, those pirate cookies are really impressive. You must have had a lot of fun with those.
Nice work dude, they all look awesome! You're're making me hungry :)
Post a Comment