
We decided to start having pie on Sundays after our family dinner. The Nickells gave me this pie book for Christmas a couple years ago and the majority of pies I have baked from it have been good, but there are so many more to try. So, we are starting to work on that. Right now we are sticking to the summer fruit section because that season is quickly ending and we want to get in some good summer fruit pies while we can. Tonight's selection was No Peel Nectarine-Lime pie with an easy press-in crust. The crust was similar in taste and consistency to shortbread and was good, but a little heavy when combined with the top crumb topping. The topping was also sweet, but added a crunchy texture.
The nectarine-lime combination was great; the nectarines made for a great summer fruit pie and the lime added a zesty kick. I diced the fruit instead of slicing it, which made it easier to eat. Overall, it was a pleasant and different pie.
1 comment:
I want to try it! mmm:)
Post a Comment