The second semester of Outdoor Education has begun at Calvin Crest, so we are all back to work. Yesterday Jonah and I got to be involved in our first burn piles.
Jonah lit the first one.
It quickly grew and grew.
Then I got to get the second pile going.
After they had burned down some, we had to move things around to keep it burning.
Ben lit the third pile with his "pitchfork full of fire" technique.
Notice the sign?
Uncovering the fourth pile, which Jonah lit using Ben's technique.
I got to try that method on the fifth and last pile.
Josh came on shift later and joined us.
He brought down marshmallows, so we roasted them over our smoldering burn piles.
It was a fun job. Things in general are going well, Josh and I spent our time off in January in a frenzy of wedding planning. Now that we are back at work, that has slowed down, but is still moving along.
1 comment:
I'm jealous, I never got to help with burn piles!
Post a Comment