Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pomegranate Champagne Jelly


I was inspired by my sister-in-law, Joy, to make pomegranate champagne jelly. I got a bunch of pomegranates last month and managed to get them all juiced and make one batch of regular pomegranate jelly plus some pomegranate syrup, but then we were in the process of moving, so the juice portioned out for pomegranate champagne jelly had to wait in the freezer for awhile. While we are still in the lingering stages of moving, things are mostly settled and Friday seemed like a good day for jelly making. 


Since we had an open bottle of champagne, we decided we better have a nice dinner to go with it. The biscuits were a bit of an afterthought that didn't really go with the rest of the menu, but we had to try the new jelly!


It is quite delicious and so festive.

1 comment:

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

I finally tried mine too and I thought the same thing!