We tried three recipes last night at dinner. Recipe twenty-three was Brown-Sugar Salmon with Strawberries from my Taste of Home magazine, except we made it with tilapia instead of salmon.
Brown-Sugar Salmon with Strawberries
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 T oil
1 t ground mustard
1 t ground allspice
1/2 t salt
4 salmon fillets (5 oz each)
1 T minced fresh mint
1 T oil
1 T lemon juice
2 t lemon zest
1/8 cup sugar
1 cup finely chopped strawberries
1 small cucumber, finely chopped
In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; rub over flesh side of salmon. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. For relish, in another bowl, mix mint, oil, lemon juice, lemon, zest, and sugar. Add strawberries and cucumber; toss to coat. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Serve with relish.
So, not only did I not use the right kind of fish, but I also didn't rub the seasonings into it or grill it. Instead, I sauteed it with a little brown sugar, salt, and pepper. The relish I made almost like the recipe said to, except I didn't have any mint, so I left that out. That said, the fish was delicious. The relish was light and fresh and summery and was a great complement to the tilapia.
On the side we had Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce, recipe twenty-four. I didn't actually bake the asparagus, I just sauteed that too and then added the sauce. This was fine, but the soy sauce was overpowering and I prefer other ways of preparing asparagus.
For dessert, we had Peanut Butter Cookies IX, recipe twenty-five. We made pazookie with this cookie dough and it was delicious.


No comments:
Post a Comment