Joshua and I got to attend the Redwood Christian Ashram last week; he was in charge of the children's program for the elementary school kids.

One of our favorite free time activities was getting huge scoops of delicious ice cream.
Monday was our first full day at camp; after a long afternoon nap and ice cream, we spent the rest of our free time playing cribbage and hanging out with Solace.
A typical day started with morning watch, followed by breakfast and the morning work hour. Then we broke into prayer groups which led into morning speaker time. Next came lunch, rest time, and free time. After dinner, we had an evening speaker time and then snacks before heading to bed. Joshua had the kids during prayer groups and both speaker times.
The grounds were beautiful. Joshua and I spent some time Tuesday afternoon talking pictures and playing frisbee golf.
We also played games with Laura and Bethany.
Cathedral Grove is where we had morning watch and also where I spent the first two work hours, helping to rake up needles and sticks.
The whole week while we were at camp there was a prayer vigil going on. They had a chart that we signed up on for hour long slots and there was someone praying in the chapel 24 hours a day while we were there. I signed up for an hour after dinner on Tuesday and it was a special time.
Joshua led the singing at campfire for the high school and college students Tuesday through Thursday.
During work hour the second day (Tuesday), I got bit by a yellow jacket. I didn't think much of it, but by Wednesday morning it was red and getting swollen. I talked to the nurse about it and she suggested ice and elevation. We kept an eye on it the rest of the week.
![]() |
| Photo from Redwood Christian Ashram's Facebook page |
After lunch we took a group photo.![]() |
| Photo by Donna Sanders |
Bob and Virginia Garland; Virginia was my prayer group leader.
During free time Wednesday there was an annual adult versus youth volleyball game.
There was break time between games; they played best out of three.

The youth ending up winning.
![]() |
| Photo from Redwood Christian Ashram's Facebook page |
After the games, we had an ice cream social.
Then we went up to check out the new archery range.
More redness and swelling.
Wednesday night we had a hymn sing. We had to start worship early so we would have time to sing all the songs that were requested, it was great.
Tom was our evening speaker, he did a series on the Holy Spirit that was really good.
Laura and Bethany sat in the back to run sound and the slide show. I started sitting back there with them so I could put my foot up and ice it.
These were some of the quilts we made during the morning work hour.
After morning watch we would walk to the dining hall together singing the marching song.
I spent the second two days as part of the indoor work party instead of the outdoor work party. Laura and I were part of a team sandwiching quilts.
There were also people designing and sewing quilts, knitting, making cards, and tying quilts.

By Thursday, the swelling had moved from my ankle into my foot, which made it look really bad. It didn't hurt though, besides some pressure from the swelling. We decided I'm probably allergic to yellow jackets and should not get bit again.
We had a talent show Thursday afternoon.
Thursday was fancy dinner night.
![]() |
| Photo by Donna Sanders |
ErneRuth did a great job leading singing all week.
Friday morning we had to pack up and be out of our rooms by nine. We had a time of sharing before saying goodbyes. Joshua and I got a picture with Bill and Carole right before we started.
Here's Joshua with the group of kids he worked with.

We had a good week and were thankful we were able to attend. It was my first time and I thought it was great.













































No comments:
Post a Comment