We started Valentine's Day off in the same way we have started every Saturday lately, by getting up at 4:20 so I could go to work. I started working Saturdays in December and I go in to bake all the pastries for the day. The rest of the week I do prep work so I start mid-morning, but Saturday I have to be there by five. That has been going pretty well, one of the nice things is that I'm usually off by about 8:30 and can come home and have breakfast with Joshua. This week, of course, we had pink heart shaped pancakes.
We decided to have a four-course meal for dinner to celebrate.
The Menu
Broiled Grapefruit
Freshly Baked Sourdough Bread and Gruyère
Pork Chops and Asparagus
Molten Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
It was fun to eat a fancy meal on our china from Great Grandma Bushway and the food was delicious.


No comments:
Post a Comment