Friday, January 22, 2016

California Holidays

I haven't blogged in a long time and realized I didn't take many pictures while we were in California over the holidays, so here is a make-up post of a few of the highlights from our trip, with some picture help from Heather. To start things off, we made shortbread cookies on Christmas Eve with Dave and Laura.





I had fun making teddy bears for Solace and Ezra and I love the mug that Evan made for me. I thought it was so special that he picked all the pictures and designed it himself. I also received a beautiful table topper that Gayle made for me. I love all the homemade things!




Natalie and I had a fun time with my present to her, which was time to be crafty together.


 One of the afternoons, we got to go on a lovely walk through the countryside.






Mom and Joshua made breakfast burritos and I squeezed grapefruit juice for a delicious breakfast.


We took the Nickell kids out for hot chocolate.


Isaac and I contributed to the delicious spread on New Year's Eve.

We spent a lot of time working on this difficult puzzle that the Nickells got for Christmas.

 There were a few laughter-filled rounds of Foodie Fight with both families.

 We finally finished the puzzle just minutes before midnight.

Welcoming the new year with sparkling beverages and party poppers.

 Heading home, there was snow on the passes.


We returned to a very cold house and frozen yard, but everything was in good order and we warmed up inside quickly.

No comments: