Brenda and I went to a pumpkin patch today after work. I had been interested in going back to Johnson Farm after we picked apples there, and then I found out their pumpkin patch was still open and that all the pumpkins were on sale for only a dollar each. The farm is pretty much on the way home for both of us, so we decided to go together.
The pumpkin patch was well past its season, but there were still a lot of pumpkins there and we both found some that we were happy with.
It was a beautiful afternoon and perfect weather for picking pumpkins and walking to and from the farm store. The pumpkin patch is about a mile away from the store and is 4 acres, so pretty large.
After picking out some perfect pumpkins, we walked back to the farm store and looked around there. We each found a couple more exciting things to get, as well as some exciting things that we didn't get, like these beets. They were huge. The beets that look small are actually normal to large size for what I've seen at the grocery store, so those big ones were really monster. They also had some enormous bell peppers that were easily two or three times the size of what I'm used to seeing.
Here are my pumpkins after they survived a bit of rolling around on the drive home.





No comments:
Post a Comment