While we were in California, Dave asked if we wanted 10-15 lbs of cranberries because someone had donated a bunch and the church didn't need all of them. Joshua passed along the question to me while he was on the phone with his dad and I said something like, "Are you really asking me if I want fruit?" Well, be careful what you wish for because Dave came back with 50 lbs of cranberries for us. Somehow, Joshua managed to find room for them in car along with all of our stuff, a couple bulky Christmas presents, and bags of citrus that we had picked with my parents, his parents, and Grandad.
So we arrived home with 50 lbs of fresh cranberries. Thankfully, it was the weekend, so I got right to work and kicked things off with cranberry coffee cake. This morning, I pulled the last of the cranberries out of the dehydrator, so now all of the berries are safely preserved and we are looking forward to enjoying them.
We ended up with a few bags of portioned, chopped frozen cranberries, a couple quart bags of dried cranberries, 11 half-pints of cranberry-orange vinegar, and 22 quarts of cranberry juice; plus, of course, the baked goods with cranberries that we made in the meantime. Yum!
1 comment:
Wow!
Post a Comment