Saturday, March 18, 2017

Birthday Happenings


My birthday was last Sunday and we celebrated in style; even the weather was great. I had been collecting suspicious packages and cards that arrived in the mail that week, so after lunch I opened them. One of my presents was new gardening shoes and gloves, which I put to good use right away because we went outside to work in the yard and enjoy the sunshine. 


Then we went to get milkshakes and enjoyed sitting outside in short sleeves. It was really a nice, warm day. 


























Joshua made breakfast burritos for dinner, yum.



Then he made whiskey sours afterward. We recently got some inexpensive whiskey and have been experimenting with making cocktails. By which I mean that Joshua makes the cocktails and we both try them. Most of the results have been quite good.



























We finished the day off with a blackberry pie with hazelnut crumb topping that was a new recipe from my pie book and was delicious. It was a great way to spend the day.

No comments: