Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter


I love Easter; it's such a festive holiday with so much to celebrate. As has been our tradition lately, Joshua and I attended the Easter vigil Saturday evening, then enjoyed brunch together Sunday morning. This year we had eggs, bacon, and sweet rolls with lemon glaze. 


We harvested the first of our rhubarb to make a mini rhubarb pie for dessert. We planted the rhubarb last year, but you aren't supposed to harvest during the first year, so this was our first time enjoying our plant. Appropriately enough, I also did some planting in the garden.



We had ham for Easter dinner, using a new recipe I'd found awhile ago for a citrus glaze. The ham turned out wonderfully, but the citrus glaze was not as strong as I expected and didn't seem to add much. 


We rounded out the rest of our meal with fresh rolls and asparagus.


After dinner, we enjoyed playing a few rounds of a new game and finished off the day with our rhubarb pie and tea.

No comments: