This pregnancy has been different than my previous two. For one, it's the most anticipated and in that sense very exciting, but I'm also the most impatient to be done and holding our new baby. That's probably partly because it's been harder than the others. The normal first trimester symptoms started much earlier, around five and a half weeks, and lasted the rest of the trimester and into the beginning of the second. Thankfully, those have mostly cleared up by now since I'm in the happy and mostly comfortable second trimester, although I still occasionally have periods where my heart pounds and races and it makes me lightheaded almost to the point of passing out (but I haven't, whew).
When I was pregnant with Mary and David, I wanted noodles all the time. This time noodles haven't had the same draw and at times sound unappealing. During the first trimester, I wanted peanut butter and applesauce all the time. The applesauce has waned a bit now, but peanut butter still sounds good all the time.
We have also had more ultrasounds than before, which has been fun since it's exciting to see the baby. With both the kids being older than Mary was when I was pregnant with David, there's a lot more anticipation from them as well. Mary is very interested in the baby growing inside me and when and how it's going to be born and what it will do once it is born. She and David spend hours taking care of baby dolls, including fake crying so they can comfort them. It's fun to see them share in our excitement of welcoming this new baby into our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment