Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Sourdough


I got a sourdough starter from Isaac and made my first batch of sourdough bread last weekend. When I was working at Tazzaria, I cared for the starter and made sourdough bread every week. I tried starting a starter when we lived in Oregon, but never really got it going. All that was a long time ago though and I've been thinking about starters again lately, so I was pretty excited when I heard Isaac had one.


We used an old Calvin Crest sourdough recipe because Katie gave it to me recently and I figured it was already altitude adjusted which is nice. It was a three day process, and the kids helped me knead the dough on the second day.


 The loaves turned out beautifully and tasted great. They had a pretty mild flavor and a more closed crumb than I was hoping for, but they were delicious homemade bread.

No comments: