Sunday, May 31, 2026

Camping in Sherwood


We took a week of vacation at the end of May and part of the time we camped in Sherwood. We had planned to head down there earlier in the week, but it was cold and rainy, so we waited until Friday to set up camp. It was still pretty cold and misty when we arrived, but it sure was beautiful.




Joshua made grilled cheese, and we were all thankful for a hot lunch.


I felt a little silly telling the kids they needed to bring their snow jackets and boots, but they ended up wearing them almost the whole time, so I was glad I had. 


We wandered around after lunch and did the ropes course.



The kids also climbed on the smaller stump.




Joshua made us dinner, which was delicious.


Then we roasted marshmallows over the fire.


The next morning, Mary helped Joshua cook pancakes over the fire.


 We walked around again before packing up and heading home.

No comments: