Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mini Vacation

We finally got to go see Michelle and Jonah at Big Bear Lake this week. The whole family (except Isaac) went, so it was quite a group. For some reason, I feel like I'm part of a parade whenever we go somewhere lately. We arrived Sunday night and made pizza for dinner. That was a bit of a disaster because we didn't have flour, parchment paper, pans, or a hot oven. But it ended up being tasty. Monday we had bacon and pancakes for breakfast; I was especially excited about that because every Saturday when Isaac is at our house, they are making bacon as I'm leaving for work. We got a tour of the camp and feed the ducks at the lake, which the boys loved. There was a little zoo nearby, so we checked that out, then had a late lunch. We took a drive to Lake Arrowhead in the afternoon, mostly so the boys would take a nap. The rest of the evening was relaxed, we had dinner and dessert and watched some shows about houses. Tuesday morning we went on another little walk to the lake and the playground, then packed up and drove to Heather and Isaac's apartment in Camarillo. It was fun to see their place, it is nice. Heather and I took a walk to Vons and got stuff for BLTs. After dinner, we walked to the park and the boys played. We left Camarillo this morning after waffles for breakfast and made good time on the drive home.

All in all, it was a great little trip and good to see where Michelle and Jonah are and Heather and Isaac's house. We also enjoyed cool weather, but no thunder storms. I got to say hi to my friends, Laura and Josh, but unfortunately, nothing more than hi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! I'm not too far from Big Bear or Camarillo! Bummmmmer! Next time you come out this way, give me a call :D
*Sheila

keast said...

"hi" definitely wasn't enough.....miss you friend