Saturday, June 6, 2009

San Antonio Part 1

I had the opportunity to travel to San Antonio with Janna this weekend to attend Jaime's graduation from the Air Force basic training. The trip started Wednesday when I drove up to Jaime's sister, Janna's, house. We had an exciting evening of thunderstorms. Thursday morning was chill as Janna packed and I took pictures of the kids to show Jaime. Here is Tatum with a picture we drew for Auntie Jaime. Ian and Dawson playing with Lincoln Logs. We went to the airport about 12:30 and had no trouble getting through security and finding our gate. Our first flight was to Denver where we had dinner then boarded a plan to San Antonio. We arrived safely, picked up our rental car, and drove to our hotel, the Marriot Riverwalk. We got to our room about midnight and the manager at the desk had hooked us up with a room with a balcony that looks over the river, it is sweet. Friday morning we went to Lackland AFB for the graduation ceremony. It was exciting to see the flights pass in review, but for most of the rest of the time, I just felt bad for all the airman standing at attention for so long, I saw two of them pass out. Here is Jaime's flight passing in front of us. After the ceremony, we found Jaime and met up with Jaime's mom, Patty, and her friend and traveling buddy, Leslie. Patty and I with Jaime. She was one of the top 10% who graduated as honor graduates. We are proud of her. This is Jaime with her favorite plane, a B17. We got to see Jaime's room then we left the base and had lunch and hung out. We walked around the Riverwalk for a little while and it is really pretty. Then Jaime came to our room for a little and we took her back to base, she had to be back by 7:00pm. Janna and I were so exhausted we came back to our room and crashed, enjoying some quiet time before bed. Today (Saturday) we picked Jaime up at 9am and waited with her to get her stripes sewn on. Then we met Patty at the Alamo and explored that for awhile then had Italian food for lunch and went on a boat tour of the Riverwalk. That was all good. This is a cool tree that was in the courtyard by the Alamo. After our boat tour, Patty met back up with her friend for a movie and Jaime, Janna, and I came back to the hotel for a few minutes before taking Jaime back to the base again. We are getting pro at that drive. When we got back to our hotel, we walked over to the mall that's next store and wandered around for awhile and got mini cinnabons and sat by the river. So far we have been having a great time.

2 comments:

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

Congratulations Jaime!! Sounds like it's been a good trip!

Unknown said...

That tree was sooo cool. I want one!