Thursday, October 1, 2009
And the Winner Is...
We had a competitive afternoon at Wildflower Cafe today. I don't remember how it started originally, but we got an order for 2 pear walnut salads, so Mark said we had to see who could make a better one. It ended up being a tie, he got two votes for looks to my one, but I finished in almost half the time. Then we had a cake frost off. Our baker, Veronica, frosted the first cake, followed by Sierra, one of the owners. Then I got to frost a German chocolate cake, which turned out pretty good looking, if I do say so myself. Mark finished things off by frosting his first cake, but it was a tricky one that had a raspberry filling on each layer, so it wasn't fair. But we had a fun time and all the cakes turned out well, although Sierra had to help Mark a little with his, which evened things out since he helped her with hers. Anyway, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon at work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Does sound like fun!
I'm glad things are going well for you there.
Post a Comment