For a long time, I have been trying to plan a trip up to visit some of my London flatmates who now live in Stockton. Our schedules just weren't working until finally this weekend we were all available. Saturday morning I braved the fog and headed north. Since I was going that way, I decided to go a little farther and visit my friend Conor in Davis.
We had a nice lunch, then walked along a river by the school. It was really good to see him and catch up. It was also a gorgeous day for a walk.
Then it was back down to Stockton to spend time with Darrin and Charity. This is Darrin with his scary van that we took to get dinner. We decided to go for Italian food because 2 years ago on that day that's what we were eating in London, it seemed fitting. Plus, Darrin had seen an Italian place he wanted to try. It was a cool place and we were there early so there wasn't anyone else there. The food was good, mmm, pasta.
After eating, we stopped at this theater turned church and coffee shop and Darrin got coffee. It was a neat place, good feel and smell.
Charity was volunteering at the Miss San Joaquin beauty pageant that night so she got me a ticket and I got to see my first beauty pageant. It was really interesting.
Of course, it started with the swimsuit portion.
These girls were not competing, but the theme for the night was South Pacific, so they came out and danced a number of times and that was also a highlight for me.
After an intermission, we had the evening wear and on-stage question portions. Then there was a good bye to Miss San Joaquin 2010, some stalling while the scores were tallied, then finally, the results. That was exciting, there was plenty of hugging and freaking out.
The show ran from 7-10:20pm, so by the time it was over, I was ready. Charity and I got a snack on the way back to the house, but pretty quickly after eating it we all went to bed.
Sunday morning, Darrin decided he was going to make Belgian waffles, so he did and it was wonderful. We had bacon, waffles, orange juice, and fresh fruit.
It was a new recipe and a new waffle iron and Darrin wasn't happy with the results. Particularly because the iron wasn't cooking the waffles evenly and they kept getting burned in spots. But, Charity and I didn't mind, it was a delicious breakfast.







5 comments:
What a fun little trip! I really like the first picture and hearing about the pagent was interesting.
Yup! What Heather said:)
I feel like I know D&C for as much as I've heard about them in your London stories & seen pictures of them. Im really glad you got to spend some good time with them:)
Yeah that first picture is really nice!
I wish I could take a walk by that river.
I like your new banner too!
I wish I could take a walk by that river.
I like your new banner too!
Post a Comment