Friday night Jonah, Michelle, Heidi, and I had the opportunity to see Celtic Crossroads perform at the Fox Theater. It was an amazing show, the musicians and dancers were so talented, and of course the Fox is a cool place to see a show. Taking pictures wasn't an option, so instead of having a post without pictures I'm including a collage from the weekend I spent in Ireland for you to enjoy while reading about the show. I'll try not to talk your head off since hearing about a show is never as exciting as being there, but it really was great.

They played mostly Irish music, but mixed in some Gypsy compositions, American blue grass, and other variety. All of them were incredible and could play so fast, I sat there staring in shock most of the time. There were two dancers too, who mostly did Irish hard shoe but also did a couple other traditional Irish dances, and they were very talented too. One of the songs was a solo by the percussionist with an Irish drum, during which one of the dancers came out and they did a duet of sorts that was amazing. There was also a harp player; I mean really, who plays the harp? It was so cool. The fiddle player and the banjo player were also insane. But I think I'm going on too much. I'll wrap up by saying we had a great evening of music and dance in a wonderful environment with great company. Oh, and one more picture from outside as we were leaving.
1 comment:
I'd go again for sure!
Post a Comment