Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Prepare for Purple

Saturday was the last day of summer 2011 at Calvin Crest. I have spent almost every weekend this summer up there volunteering with the Accommodations team, mostly helping with turnover on Saturdays when we clean up the camp from the previous week and prepare for the next group of campers. We had our final turnover day Saturday, then there was a BBQ and we watched the staff video from the summer.


Sam and I working together during turnover.
I had brought up the shirts for our Accommodations team, so after turnover we put them on for the BBQ. It made it so easy to spot the members of our team because the purple shirts stand out.


We had a hard time gathering up our team for a picture because Ben and Janice were busy checking the staff out after they cleaned their rooms, but we finally got everyone in one place.
Ty, Joshua, Janice, Rachel, Ben, Stephanie, me, and Sam

I love this team, it has been a pleasure and an honor to work with them this summer.
Sam and I not only had matching shirts, but matching shorts too! Twins pictures!

 Then we just had some fun with the camera.



Rachel and me. We were roommates my second summer on staff and have been friends since.
I was glad to finally get some pictures of everyone and we had a great time at the BBQ and wearing our shirts, but the last weekend of camp is always hard as people are leaving and you have to say goodbye. Thankfully, more than half of the Accommo team from summer is still going to be there in the fall, so I'm looking forward to working with them again!

2 comments:

JDK said...

What a delightful team! We were all very fortunate to have each other this summer.

Heather said...

Looks like a good team!