Friday, October 28, 2011

Applesauce

Heather and I made applesauce with the apples from camp and a some help. First, we washed all the apples.




Then, it was time to tackle peeling, coreing, and slicing all of them. This machine is supposed to do all three, but unfortunately, it doesn't work very well.


So, we did things the old fashioned way.

Jaime impressed everyone with her apple splitting abilities.

























After about an hour with five of us working, we had all the apples ready to go.

























We had to use two big pots to cook them all.
Finally, we put the applesauce in jars and processed them.
We ended up with 21 pints.

3 comments:

Jdk said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Sad I missed it. Too bad you can't post a picture of how delicious it tastes. ;-)

Heather said...

THANKS again for bringing all those apples. It was a fun project! Also, I just noticed your pretty new fall header!

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

Um I believe we all made the applesauce, not just you and Heath!