We finally found an apartment and were able to sign the lease and start moving in Tuesday evening of Thanksgiving week. I would not recommend moving over Thanksgiving week, it was pretty hectic and we are still surrounded by boxes, but we are so excited to be living in our first little place.
Here is our first meal together in the apartment. One of the ladies from church gave us this beautiful table because she wasn't using it anymore; we were surprised and grateful.
Dad was planning to bring the trailer to Visalia Friday morning to go Christmas tree hunting, so on Thanksgiving we loaded up the furniture from my old room at my parents' house and a number of boxes. Then everyone helped unload Friday morning before we found trees.
My first canning project was green tomato relish with green tomatoes from Mom's garden.
I'm not quite sure what I think of the relish. The recipe called for five large onions and I only put in four, but it's still quite oniony.
No comments:
Post a Comment