We had Ben and Juana over for dinner last night and I thought that lavender cookies would be a complementary ending to our meal. I used the Lavender Cookies recipe from our copy of the Trinity United Presbyterian Church's cookbook, my fifteenth recipe.
Lavender Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 T fresh lavender buds (leaves crushed fine)
2 cups flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 t lemon zest
2 t fresh mint, finely chopped
Heat the oven to 375; in medium mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and lavender. Mix well. In another smaller bowl, measure flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry mixture and stir until all is moistened. Fold in the lemon zest and chopped mint leaves. Drop by teaspoons on an un-oiled cookie sheet or use parchment paper-lined sheet. Bake 10 minutes, watching carefully (do not over bake).
I didn't have any mint, so I left that out. I had mixed feelings about these cookies. Most of the time, they were delicious, but there were areas that were very bitter. I'm not sure what it was. It might have been a big section of lemon zest or a clump of baking soda. Maybe I just didn't mix them well. Joshua didn't notice any bitter areas though, so he liked the cookies.

1 comment:
I want lavender cookies!!
Post a Comment