Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chandler Thanksgiving


 We headed farther south Friday morning and celebrated Thanksgiving with the Chandlers that evening. Dad and Mom always have great fall colors, which was particularly nice since I felt like we hadn't had much in Oregon. I didn't end up taking many pictures of our time there, so the following are ones I copied from Heather's blog. 


All the girls worked on dinner together; Natalie and I wore matching aprons.

 




After lots of delicious food, Dad made a fire and we enjoyed snuggling in front of it.  


Isaac made eggnog to kick off the Christmas season. Cheers!



Everyone spent the night, so I got to read the kids a bedtime story and Joshua read stories with them Saturday morning.


We had breakfast burritos and orange danish rolls for breakfast.


We worked with the boys to put lights on the roof; this year the design was a star.



Micah gave us an ornament that he made on the scroll saw. I'm impressed every year by how good they are getting on that saw. 


Of course, there was a Lego building party.




We enjoyed a walk in the sunshine. It was so warm! Mid-afternoon we headed back up to Modesto and had another delicious family dinner there before returning home on Sunday. It was hard to have the visit be so short, but wonderful to see everyone and we are looking forward to going down again soon.

No comments: