We said goodbye to our Honda Accord at the end of last month. Over the Christmas break, we had taken it to our mechanic and they recommended some maintenance be done soon that was going to be expensive, so we started exploring the possibility of getting a newer car instead. It turned out that a friend of ours was selling her Honda Civic which is four years newer, has 80,000 fewer miles, and gets better gas mileage, so we decided it would be wise to make the switch. We got the new Honda at the beginning of April and sold ours at the end of the month. After thinking about it and working out details for so long, it was a relief to be done. But it was very hard to say goodbye to our Accord. I have been driving that car for a number of years and it was my grandpa's car before it was ours. It is what I consider to be my first car and has taken me many places. I guess I just expected to drive it until it was done, so selling it was hard to do. But I think the new car makes a lot more sense for us and the new owners seem nice.
Here's a picture of all three cars lined up according to license plate numbers (which you can't see in the picture). Because we got them registered in Oregon at the same time, the license plate numbers were the same except one number that changed from 6 to 8 between the three.
And here is a picture of our new Honda. We have been quite happy with the new car. It drives similarly to the other Honda, but gets better gas mileage. It is a little smaller, which makes it surprisingly more maneuverable. We had a little adventure with the radiator going out, but Joshua was able to replace that. Overall, everyone who has checked it out thinks it is in great condition. My goal now is to enjoy driving this car for many years without getting quite so attached to it.



1 comment:
Sounds like a good switch! I'm trying not to be too attached to our cars, but I don't think it's working!
Post a Comment