I flew down to California Wednesday to meet my newest nephew, Ezra Grey. I was excited to have window seats on both my flights and some amazing views. I tried to sleep most of my second flight, but woke up in time to see Half Dome and Yosemite Valley before we landed.
Mom, Michelle, Emery, and Ezra picked me up at the airport so I got to meet Ezra right away. He is such a sweet, cute little guy. We spent the afternoon at Dad and Mom's house, where Heather and the kids joined us. It was so nice to get to see everyone again. After the sisters and kids went home, Dad, Mom, and I went to Alejandra's for dinner, yum!
Thursday morning, Mom and I went blueberry picking and got two full buckets of blueberries.
We had lunch with Michelle and her kids again, then all went over to the Nickell's house to hang out for the afternoon. Mom and Isaac made hamburgers for dinner, which I had requested and very much enjoyed. Then Heather and I took the kids to swim practice.
They had time trials Thursday, which was basically a practice swim meet so that everyone could run through it before the regular meets start next week. All three kids swam freestyle, then both boys also swam backstroke and breaststroke and Evan swam butterfly. It was fun to see how much the boys have improved since last year on swim team. This is Natalie's first year.
Picture with the cold kids. The air was warm, but the water is still quite cold.
Friday we spent more time with the baby; can't get enough of that. I got to take Michelle to a doctor appointment, then we all headed out to Dad and Mom's again for the rest of the afternoon and family dinner.
Ezra got to try out the quilt Joshua and I made for him, I think he likes it.
The Trevinos got presents from Dad and Mom. We found that onesie on vacation a few years ago and Mom got two, one geared towards girls and one towards boys. Emery got the girl one when she was born and now Ezra has the matching one.
Micah and I played Monopoly and by the time we had to call the game for bedtime, he had quite a bit more money than me. Natalie had fun being the banker. The Nickell kids and Emery spent the night, so the next morning we all got to have banana pancakes and waffles for breakfast.
Dad, the boys, and I checked out the fruit trees and discovered that things were starting to get ripe. So I picked some fruit. We headed to Visalia and dropped off Emery and held the baby one more time before saying goodbye to the Trevinos. We had lunch at the Nickell's, then said goodbye to them as well and Mom drove me to the airport. It was easier to say goodbye since we are planning to come to California this summer, so we will see everyone again soon. My flight was delayed and I spent most of the time at the Fresno airport standing in line to get on an earlier flight so I could make my connection in San Francisco. Thankfully, that all worked out and I made my second flight which was on time so I still arrived in Eugene when I expected to. It was so good to see Joshua again; I had missed him a lot.
We had flowers blooming at home and the garden had grown a lot while I was gone.



























2 comments:
Aw, great post! I'm so glad you could come!
Your little plants are so cute!
Post a Comment