Thursday, October 15, 2020

Bread Week

Heather had some tasty bread at a friend's house recently and got the recipe. She was telling Michelle and I about it, so I asked about the recipe. Turns out it was for a no knead bread with only a few ingredients. I've been interested in no knead bread and have tried a couple recipes, but this was the simplest one yet so I thought I'd give it a try for bread week. It was easy to make, but I had my doubts when it separated and was watery when I put it in the pan.


 Turns out I had reason to be concerned. After baking it for about three times as long as the recipe said, I still had a loaf that was raw in the middle. We threw the whole thing away because it wasn't salvageable. I've baked a fair amount of bread, but have never had this much of a disaster. Oh well. I haven't yet decided if I want to try the recipe again or just move on.

No comments: