Wednesday, June 10, 2009

San Antonio Part 2

Sunday was our last day in San Antonio. We picked Jaime up at the base at 9:00am, as an honor graduate she was one of the few who got town pass on Sunday instead of base liberty, that was nice. We went back to our hotel and just hung out and talked. We met Patty, Leslie, and Leslie's friend, Randy, at Fuddruckers for lunch because Jaime wanted a burger. We both got buffalo burgers, which were good. We enjoyed a nice long lunch, then Janna and I took Jaime back to the base for the last time. By then we were able to navigate to where we needed to be without getting lost, which was a big accomplishment because the base was confusing. We had time for a couple last pictures and hugs as we said goodbye. Thankfully, she will be getting freedoms back now so she'll have her phone and access to the Internet and will be contactable. Jaime and her sister, Janna. Since we didn't have anything to do without Jaime, we decided to head to the airport even though it was a bit early. We dropped off our rental car and made it to the airport without any problems. We bought a couple books at the airport because we had a long wait since we made it there so quickly. The wait ended up being even longer because our flight was delayed over an hour. We were worried we were going to miss our connecting flight in Denver, but that one was delayed too. Me and Janna with our emergency books. We finally landed in Sacramento about 1am, Pacific time, 11 hours after we had arrived at the San Antonio airport. It was a long day. I wasn't done traveling as I still had to drive back to Exeter Monday. That was long too, but I got to meet Conor for lunch in Sacramento and the drive went well. I made it back around 4pm Monday, whew.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you had such a good trip.

Unknown said...

Whoa! Who's that sexy Airman?

Unknown said...

Thank you guys so much for coming. That was super special for me.