We had a shorter drive today and made it to Arches National Park, UT in time to set up our trailer and have lunch.

Arches is in the middle of the desert and it was hot, over 100. Poor Natalie had a fever too

and the pool was closed.

We drove through the park, enjoying the A/C in the van and jumping out to take pictures.

Isaac and I walked around Balanced Rock,

but that was the extent of the hiking because we were baking out in the sun.

Isaac had to jump in this picture because it is hard to tell from the pictures just how big balanced rock is.

I like Arches and it was fun to drive around. It is such an interesting and unusual landscape; desolate, but beautiful.

I thought of Michelle and Jonah when I took this picture, my rock stacking buddies!

Heather and Mom in front of delicate arch.

After our drive through the park, we went into the town of Moab and got Mexican food for dinner.

It was pretty good.

Then we returned to our campsite to sit in the shade and drink water, trying to stay cool.

Thankfully, it did cool off, but it wasn't comfortable for sleeping until about 3am.
1 comment:
Those rock formations are amazing!!
Post a Comment