Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sweet and Sour Pork

Our fifth new recipe was from a cooking class I took at COS a number of years ago. It was Sweet and Sour Pork and we both thought it was great.


Sweet and Sour Pork (Makes 4 servings)

1 lb. pork tenderloin
2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple tidbits
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup water
2 T soy sauce
2 T vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2 T corn starch
3/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 T oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
Hot cooked rice

Cut the pork into small pieces and set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add ketchup, water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and pepper to the pineapple juice. Stir until smooth. Heat oil in a large skillet on high. Stir fry pork and onion about 5-7 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Stir pineapple juice mixture and add to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly. Add pineapple and bell pepper. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.


Besides being delicious, this recipe was easy to make. The most difficult part for me was getting the corn starch out of the back of our overly full baking cabinet. I didn't see 8 oz cans of pineapple at the store, so I just used a 20 oz can and that worked out fine. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think I'll try this soon!

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

Too bad Jonah doesn't like sweet and sour pork because I think this looks delicious too!