Monday, October 27, 2014

Gayle's Visit



We had a visitor! Gayle flew up on Wednesday evening and stayed with us through Saturday evening. We had a wonderful time talking, playing games, going on walks, eating good food, and just hanging out together. Of course, we all wished the visit could have lasted longer, but the timing was great because this was probably the least busy week of the quarter for Joshua. He even had his class on Thursday canceled, so he was able to stay home all day. Unfortunately, things were pretty busy for me at work this week and I ended up working until 6:00 pm on Friday. That put a bit of a damper on my plans for making chicken and potatoes for dinner, but Gayle and Joshua got a take and bake pizza so I didn't have to worry about it at all.

Saturday evening we headed over to the coast and Grandad took us out for Mexican food.


I got tacos al pastor and oh man did they hit the spot. Delicious. I like that this restaurant follows up the meal with a little mini dessert for everyone. 


It was just the two of us heading back and we were sad to say goodbye, but so glad that it worked out for Gayle to come up. Nothing like a visit from family to make your week.

No comments: