One of the great things about working at a bakery is that occasionally there is something they can't use anymore and the employees get to take it. This week I came home with about fifty pounds of flour. There were five different kinds so I spent some time looking them up online to find out what they were and discovered that I had a couple different bread flours, a regular unbleached flour, a barley flour, and another bread flour that is also supposed to be good in quick breads and cookies. Then I started putting them to good use. Over the past couple days, I've probably used four or five pounds of flour making pizza dough, pie crust, sugar cookies, and bagels. Everything seems to be turning out well with the new flours; the pizza dough in particular seemed better than usual.
This was my first attempt at making bagels and there is room for improvement, but I was happy with how they turned out. I was also excited to make and frost heart-shaped sugar cookies, which is a favorite baking activity. The past couple weeks have been busy at work as we get ready for Valentine's Day, but I have gotten to frost some sugar cookies there too and enjoyed doing that.


No comments:
Post a Comment