On Monday I came home from work to discover a fire pit in our backyard! Gayle noticed that we needed one, so she and Joshua went to the store, picked one out, and got everything set up while I was gone, including some new shade loving flowers. I was so excited.
That evening we had our first fire after dinner and it was wonderful. There was enough wood to have a small fire every evening for the rest of Gayle's visit.
Joshua recently built this small outdoor table and it was perfect timing for sitting out by the fire. It's also wonderful for sitting on the back porch in the morning or having dinner in the yard.
Of course, we had to roast some marshmallows. Since I didn't have any regular s'more ingredients and I did have mint oreos, Monday night finally saw the return of the s'moreo, which were created by Isaac and I during a camping trip a number of years ago.
Gayle had to return home on Thursday and we were sad to see her go, but glad she was able to make it up for a good visit. When we had dinner by the fire pit that evening though, the third chair looked pretty lonely.
No comments:
Post a Comment