Gayle came up for a visit and arrived late Thursday night, so after I got off work on Friday, the three of us headed over to the coast to visit Grandad. We arrived in time to have dinner and a nice evening together.
Saturday we had the perfect relaxed day. It was cool and misty in the morning and we had hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast. I got to work on my hexagon quilt and we went on short walk and picked blackberries for the first time of the season. It is still early for blackberries, so there were a lot of green ones, but we found some nice ripe ones.
For dinner, we had a fish fry. Grandad had catfish, yellow perch, pink fin perch, and trout that he had caught recently and he fried it all up along with some hushpuppies. I had brought green beans from the garden, so we also had those with dinner.
As usual, it was quite the feast and way more food than we could eat. With full bellies, we said goodbye to Grandad and Judy and headed back to Eugene.
No comments:
Post a Comment