Sunday, July 10, 2016

Garden Update 7-10-16

 Joshua pointed out that it is probably about time for another garden update and looking back at our garden from the last time I posted pictures, I think he is right. The weather here has been mostly warm and sunny and our plants are loving it, as am I.


As you can see, things have been growing quite a bit. We had a little damage from the storm we had this weekend, some of our borage had stalks that fell over and a few of our bean bushes fell over too. I think everything is going to survive though.


We have started harvesting sugar peas, yellow zucchini, and kale. This weekend we had the first of the green beans, which were great. I have found green tomatoes on two of our plants so far.


Our berry patch has fewer plants and so less going on, but things over there are growing too and we have continued to have a few ripe raspberries every couple days as well as a small number delicious strawberries.


The borage continues to grow like a weed; I have had to cut some of the plants back a few times. But they have pretty flowers and are doing fantastically at their job of attracting pollinators.

No comments: