Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally


Jaime and I got to take a trip to Calvin Crest this weekend for the staff concert. It was wonderful. We had a rough start because I got off work later than we were expecting and then we had car trouble and had to drive home to switch cars. But we made it just after the concert started. It was so good to be up at camp and to see everyone who is there and hear how they are doing. The concert was good and dinner was good, it included some new options, like beef gyros which I had and it was tasty. After dinner, we enjoyed catching up with Amy and had a nice long visit with her. We got to stay in a Westview cabin and enjoy the cool, fresh air. Today we got to sit on the pad and drink tea and coffee, the lighting was neat. We also got to visit with Rachel for awhile then went to church, which was neat. The first of the blackberries are ripe, so after church we picked some by the lake. Then it was time for lunch and goodbyes and we had to come back in time for Jaime to get to work. But we are thankful for the oppertunity to go and soak it in for a little while. Josh tried to talk me into working in the kitch during CommonFire, and I must admit, I was tempted.

1 comment:

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

OHHHHHHH Calvin Crest!!!! I want to be there!