Friday, August 8, 2008

The Smell of Bread in the Morning

This is my job. And I like it (most of the time). One of my fellow employees worked his last day today, so I took the oppertunity to take my camera to work and take pictures with people there. This one is of Lisa and me, we are the bakers and world travelers (we both took trips to foreign countries this summer). Lisa does the muffins, quick breads, cookies, scones, cakes, etc. (she gets some help with all that) and I make the yeast breads, sourdough and focaccia. Here are some of our lovely staff up front, Warren, Amy, and Lauren. They are lots of fun. And here is a picture of our chefs. Fiore is our authentic Italian who is hard to understand and talks no stop, Alex is a good worker but he is moving so starting Monday I will be taking over some of his responsibilities on the line and prepping, I'm in the middle of course, then James is the owner with his wife Michelle and he knows his stuff, Troy is James' son and is helping out over the summer. So there you go, a little glimpse into my life at work. I enjoy being in a kitchen again and work with some quality people.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I know you know I'm happy to finally have this introduction to your work.