Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Brick Lane

I haven't posted for a couple days because I haven't had anything interesting to take pictures of. We have mostly been going to school and writing papers. Yesterday we had a written final for one of our communication classes; it is the only written final we have, all of our others are papers and presentations. We went on our Brick Lane walk this morning. Teresa and Shannon led the walk, here Teresa is reading us a passage from the book. Because the book was written only a few years ago, things were very similar to how they are described in the book and we were able to find a number of streets and landmarks that are mentioned. It was also interesting because there were flyers up for a march for Islam, something that plays a big role in the novel. I spent a lot of time, literally hours, this afternoon working on a video for my ethnography presentation tomorrow. Things kept going wrong, but I finally got something finished that I'm okay with. It's not great, but it will work.

No comments: