It's been a busy week here, mostly with garden planting, working at church, writing papers, and playing with the kids. Thursday was the day we spent the most time at church.

Heather and I switched off painting the ceiling in the Fellowship Hall, which is a popcorn ceiling and challenging to paint. With help for Pastor Jason, Gretchen, and Wally, we were able to paint the whole room. My exciting break from painting was helping Dad fix a soft spot in the stage. I had to crawl underneath through the dust and rat poop to the spot and put a new piece of plywood up and wedge a couple 2X4s in for support. The challenging part was that to get to the area I needed to work in, I had to squeeze through a frame of 2X4s that was just big enough for me to wiggle through lying flat on my stomach. It was dirty and cramped down there and I had to try to swing a hammer while curled up in a ball, I couldn't even sit up hunched over. All in all, it was a fun project. Our other big accomplishment of the week was planting our garden.

Heather and I had prepped the area on Monday and we bought plants on Wednesday, but it wasn't until Friday morning that we were able to finish planting everything and put up the chicken wire.

Evan and I planted the cherry tomato, basil, and yellow squash plants and then both the boys helped me with the radish and carrot seeds.

Our garden is smaller this year, but we should still get lots of good produce.
2 comments:
Mmmm, yellow squash.
I still can't believe you crawled under there!!!
Post a Comment