Friday, April 24, 2009

Family Project

Mom and I went down to visit Grandpa and Eleanor in their new house in southern California last week. It actually started Tuesday with a drive to Camarillo with Heather and the kids, we spent the night there then headed to Grandpa's house in the morning. It was my first time there and I was excited to see the new house, which is very nice. Uncle Ray was there too and he and Grandpa were working on building a patio shade for the backyard. The first day Mom and I were there, we got to see what had been done so far and help get 2X4s from Lowe's. The selection was bad and we had to sort through the whole pile to find enough that were usable. Of course, 100 is a lot to be picky about. We got the first batch painted that evening before dinner and then the rest Grandpa and I painted on Thursday. It took us most of the day, but we got a good system going and managed to get it all done. It was fun to work on a project with Grandpa and we had some good time to talk. Meanwhile, Mom and Uncle Ray were working on reinforcing the stringers on the patio cover and then started to put the 2X4s up. We made a lot of progress and it was looking good. We drove back to Visalia Friday and it was fun to have a little trip with Mom.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aww! I liked seeing the pictures of you and Grandpa, and Mom and Uncle Ray.

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

Looks like a fun project!