Saturday, June 29, 2013

Falafel Round Two

Our second attempt at falafels turned out much better than the first. I'm on a Mediterranean kick right now; it's hard not to be when the food is so delicious and fresh and requires minimal cooking, if any at all. I'm grateful I have a husband who happily puts up with all my cooking ideas and trends.


We made Sean's Falafel and Cucumber Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus for dinner last night, recipes  six and seven. This falafel recipe had egg and bread crumbs in it and was shaped into patties instead of balls, all of which probably contributed to them being easier to fry. We also had a better idea of how much flame to heat the oil over. These were much easier to work with and tasted great, although I probably liked the taste of the other falafels slightly more. The hummus was again made without tahini because I haven't bothered to look for it anywhere (it's like I'm working full time or something crazy like that); it's hard to be motivated when you can make delicious hummus without it. This hummus also turned out well, although the garlic in it was pretty strong.

No comments: