On Tuesday this week we had Plum Chicken Wraps, a recipe I found in Taste of Home.
Plum Chicken Wraps
1 can (8 oz) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
1/3 cup plum sauce
1 T rice vinegar
1/2 t sesame oil
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup salted cashews
2 medium fresh plums, sliced
12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
In a large saucepan, combine the pineapple, plum sauce, vinegar, and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, green onions, and cashews; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in plums. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf. Fold lettuce over filling.
These were pretty simple to make, the only problem was that I didn't have plum sauce or Boston or Bibb lettuce. For the plum sauce, I looked up a recipe online and just threw the ingredients I had in with the pineapple, vinegar, and oil. For lettuce, I used the end of our spinach and some swiss chard leaves. The wraps turned out pretty well and were something fun and different that was quick enough to make on a week night.

No comments:
Post a Comment