Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cambria


Joy and Laura drew our names for Christmas last year and teamed up to give us a gift card to Cambria Pines Lodge. We were able to go this week and spent Thursday and Friday in Cambria. It was beautiful. We arrived around lunch time Thursday and went to Indigo Moon Cafe to eat. The backyard seating was great.

 And the food was delicious! I got salmon tacos and Joshua got a grilled chicken, brie, and apple sandwich with sweet potato fries.



We spent a little time strolling around the shops in the East Village, then heading to the lodge to check in. We arrived a little before check in time, so we relaxed in the butterfly garden.



 After checking into our room, we headed out for a pre-dinner walk along the bluffs. The ocean and cliffs were beautiful.





 Our stay at the lodge included two dinner entrees and a bottle of house wine, plus they brought me a piece of chocolate cake and ice cream for my birthday!

 We took another little stroll through the gardens before returning to our room to enjoy hot chocolate in front of the fire.


 Friday morning we spent awhile watching the waves crashing.


 While trying to take this picture, we were surprised by a wave that was bigger than we thought. Thankfully, I had just enough time to shield my camera before we got splashed. Joshua's left side got wet, but I got most of it on my back. I was glad I had extra clothes to change into in the car.



 We had fish and chips for lunch, then walked along the beach.
























There is a farmers' market in the West Village on Friday afternoons, so we headed that way and found a french/english dictionary at a packed used book store. At the farmers' market, we got vegetable juice and bread for dinner on the drive home. Before heading out of town, we went back and sat by the ocean again. It was a beautiful and relaxing trip. Many thanks to Joy and Laura.

1 comment:

Janelle C. said...

That is soooo pretty and I'm jealous :-) Probably not good to be jealous during Lent!