We had a two recipe dinner last night, Grilled Pork Chops and Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad, which were recipes twenty-eight and twenty-nine. I was not too impressed by the salad. It was strongly acidic and the asparagus and tomatoes seemed overcooked. That was partly my fault because I wasn't sure how long to cook the asparagus. But just having it cooked and drained like the recipe said meant that I tossed everything together while the asparagus was still hot, so it continued to cook and cooked the tomatoes too. I think it would be better if you blanched the asparagus and then stuck it in a water bath to cool it down before mixing everything together. Also, I would probably cut back on the dressing, half a recipe would probably be fine, and maybe add just a little more sugar to cut the acidity a touch. Although, Joshua liked the amount of acidity, so it just depends on your preference. We both really liked the pork chops. I baked them instead of grilling them because it was raining, but they turned out great. Of course, I would like to try them grilled sometime because I'm sure that would be delicious too. They had a great mix of flavors, sweet and tangy with just a little bit of spice.

1 comment:
Well it all LOOKS delicious anyway!
Post a Comment